Monday, July 28, 2008

The Kitchen is funtional!!!!

So last night I christened our kitchen and was able to cook, bake, refrigerate and use running water and lights in the same location- it was fabulous!!!!! As you can see the counter tops are installed (a very easy process) and the cabinets and drawers have all been put back on. The handles are still missing, they look very tired in comparison to the new finish on the cabinets (thanks to absolute powder coating) so we are in search of refinishing the handles or finding new ones. The other accomplishments include: the faucet, garbage disposal and dishwasher are working, the fridge is going and the freezer is making ice and the stove and microwave work very well (all though the microwave has a lot of buttons I still need to figure out).
I started getting anxious last night to use the kitchen and started to turn a little psycho, but quickly recovered with a time out (aka shower) and then went to the store to buy groceries. Upon my return I cooked way too large of a meal for 8:30 at night, (steak w/onions and mushrooms, garlic bread, noodles, corn on the cob, salad w/marinated cucumbers, and brownies) but as we sat on a sleeping bag in the living room watching a M.A.S.H. marathon we enjoyed every bite. It feels so good, each day we step closer and closer to having our home take up more space than the construction zones.





I also decided to refresh the look of the blog. Let me know if you have something you liked to add to my "Have you seen" list.

2 comments:

herbette said...

I love the action "running water" shot, just in case we needed additional evidence, and the fact that that TV looks tiny in that space.
AWESOME!

Shah said...

OMG I want your kitchen!!!! I LOVE what you have done-its beautiful-very Abbi & Fritz! Miss you !!

Lesha